In the past few years, there has been a changing trend towards streaming services rather than just watching TV. You can watch any T.V. Show of your liking on these platforms at any time. Also, you can choose from a variety of different genres too. Netflix is one such platform. With availability in over 190 countries, it is one of the largest streaming services in the whole world. We have this article for the same i.e. how to cancel Netflix subscription.
You can stream a variety of shows ranging from all your favorite genres like horror, comedy, thriller, murder, mystery, and many more. Bollywood has an average yearly revenue of 200 million, while Netflix has yearly revenue of 2 Billion. Today, we will tell you how to cancel Netflix membership easily in just a few steps.
What are the different Netflix Subscriptions?
Before tackling the question, How to Cancel Netflix, let’s first start by the different plans offered by Netflix. You can see them on their official site too. Some people do want it for free. These are the plans Netflix currently provides:
- Mobile Plan- This Mobile Plan is majorly for the Indian Audiences who want the Netflix subscription at a reasonable price. This allows a user to view all the Netflix movies and shows free on one mobile device or a tablet in SD quality. You will not be able to watch it on a PC. It costs just Rs 200 month.
- Basic Plan- The Basic Plan is for those users who wish to view Netflix content on their computers or laptops. This allows one user to watch TV shows and movies in SD quality. Only one user can watch at one time. It costs Rs 499 per month.
- Standard Plan- The Standard Plan lets you view Netflix content in HD quality across two screens at one time. This means you and one of your friends can watch Netflix at the same time. This plan costs Rs 649.
- Premium Plan- This is the best plan offered by Netflix. This plan provides you view the content in HD and Ultra HD quality. Four people can stream through Netflix at the same time using this plan. This plan costs Rs 799.
Without further ado, let’s discuss How to Cancel Netflix.
See also: 3 Cool Ways to Get A Free PayPal Account
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription?
Once you have got the hang of Netflix, it isn’t easy to say goodbye to it. There are so many good shows and money on it that you will start having doubts in your mind about canceling. Canceling Netflix membership does mean you have to leave behind several awards winning contents like Friends, Riverdale, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, 13 Reasons Why and many more. If you have friends who watch Netflix, you could buy a subscription together, which will not cost you much. Nevertheless, if you have decided to cancel your subscription here’s how you can do it.
Canceling your subscription depends on how you began it in the first place. If you set up your subscription directly through the Netflix App, here is How to Cancel Netflix subscription.
- Open the Netflix app and then click on the account icon appearing on the top right corner of your screen.
- Under the ‘Membership and Billing Section,’ you will see an option “Cancel Membership.” Click it.
- Netflix will take you to another page where they will ask to you to either downgrade your membership or cancel your membership.
- Click on cancel membership.
You will be able to view the premium content on Netflix until the end of the month. After that, Netflix will provide you ten months to renew your membership and get back your old preferences. Failure to renew membership in that period will lead to loss of your preferences.
How to Cancel Netflix via iTunes
If you subscribed to Netflix via a third-party application like iTunes, you would not be able to cancel your subscription via the Netflix App. You can only do this via an iPad or iPhone. Here’s How to Cancel Netflix subscription using the iPhone/iPad.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Click on “iTunes and App Store.”
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen and tap “View Apple ID” next.
- Click on ‘Subscriptions”
- Here, you will find all the different subscriptions you have subscribed till now.
- Find Netflix in the list and tap “Cancel Subscription.” Tap confirm to end your subscription.
How to Cancel Netflix DVD Plans
In the US, Netflix provides a movie and television programming rental service. Most numbers of titles are available on DVDs and Blu-Ray discs. They don’t have a particular store where you will find these DVDs. Netflix uses the US Postal Service for this purpose. If you are a person who has subscribed to this plan, canceling Netflix subscription will not end your Netflix DVD plans membership.
To terminate the DVD plans membership, follow the subsequent steps:
- Click on the Account button in the Netflix App or on-site.
- Click on “cancel your DVD plans” and confirm.
Will deleting your profile cancel Netflix subscription?
Deleting your profile without canceling your subscription will be a waste of money. Netflix will continue to charge you until you cancel the subscription by following the steps mentioned above. Many people just delete their accounts and think they are free from paying for Netflix. However, this is not the case. Netflix did not just become a billion-dollar company easily. They will continue to charge you as long as you are subscribed. The only way to get free from paying for Netflix is by canceling your subscription.
Netflix is amongst those companies, which charge the highest subscription for their services. Its competitors like ‘Amazon Prime’ offer its subscription at Rs 999/ year and provides a variety of original TV shows and movies. You can use it across two devices at a time. This was one of the main reasons Netflix introduced the 200 Rs plan for India. Although Amazon Prime cannot compete with the level of content Netflix offers. Its shows have got many nominations and won many awards like Stranger Things and Orange is the new black. Even if you cancel the membership, you can get it back easily.
Well, we hope you have to get the answer to How to Cancel Netflix membership in this post.